Pages

Thursday, 11 August 2016

Book Haul #1 (August 2016)




In the last couple of weeks I have bought quite a few books, so I thought this called for a book haul post, (my first one, yay!) I have never done one of these before so bear with, bear with.


First off I ordered a couple of books online –
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany.
-       I think this needs little explanation, I am a huge HP fan, I pre-ordered it, I read, loved it, review to come!
Between the Lines by Samantha van Leer and Jodi Picoult
-       I bought Off the Page, the sort of sequel to this book, and really wanted this one as well, so I ordered it.



Then I went to a charity shop. Always a bad idea because I always seem to find some amazing books, they’re cheap but I always walk out with at least 2 books, not good for someone who lacks space for them at the moment. However, I went in anyway and walked out with –
One Hundred Names  by Cecelia Ahern
-       I love a bit of Cecilia Ahern, and I saw this and instantly knew I needed it, I mean look at that cover!
The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
-       A book set around a bookshop in Paris? Gimme.




Last week I went to Birmingham to visit a friend, and of course we went to the Waterstones there, and I bought even more books -
What’s a Girl Gotta Do? By Holly Bourne
-       I love Holly Boune, and the Spinster Club series is amazing so I knew I needed to get my hands on the last of the series.
You Know Me Well  by David Levithan and Nine laCour
-       The friend I was with recommend this book, and seeing as they were buy one, get one free, I thought, why not? Besides, a book by David Levithan? Also gimme.
The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley
-       Now, I nearly walked with just two books. Then I got to the counter to pay for them, and there were some books on display. Me, my friend, Lily, and the cashier got talking about them and the lovely cashier said she could sell me this book for half price! So of course I said yes! Thank so much Birmingham Waterstones!




As if I hadn’t done enough book shopping, I visited my local bookshop with my boyfriend. Again, I wasn’t actually planning on buying anything, just wanted to have a look… So naturally I left with three more books –
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
-       Of course, I already own this book, (I might have 2 other copies), but have you seen how pretty the cover is?! I needed it.
His Last Bow, and The Return of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
-       Again, I have a complete collection of the Sherlock Holmes stories, but these had the TV show covers so I got them. Plus they were really cheap because they were second hand, but in amazing condition.




So there you have, my first book haul! I hope you enjoyed it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment