Pages

Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Bookish Habits - Music

I love reading. I love music. So you would think, why would you not combine them? This sounds great in theory, but not so much in reality, at least as far as I am concerned.

            I started listening to music whilst reading when I was 10. I am not (that) embarrassed to admit that I used to listen to a lot of Westlife whilst reading The Chronicles of Narnia. So I have experience in this area. I noticed, however, that is was actually very difficult to do the 2 at the same time. I would either subconsciously ignore the music or focus on the book, or I found myself re-reading the same page because I hadn’t given it my full attention. I continued to listen to music whilst reading though. But just found the music was simply background noise. Even now, on public transport I will put on some music to drown out the other people around me. Definitely not so people won’t talk to me. Nope. I wouldn't do that...

            Trust me people, it does get better. I used to read in silence, I just found it easier. However, the answer to my problem was simple; classical music! Obviously! No lyrics, and it’s lovely to have on in the background! My favourite scores to listen to are any of the Harry Potter soundtracks, I love them.



Please let me know what you think, do you like music in the background, or silence? 

No comments:

Post a Comment