Pages

Sunday, 6 July 2014

Favourite Books

I mentioned in my 'Desert Island Books' post that I don't like to pick favourite books. I find the whole concept of 'favourite' books a weird one. I mean, firstly there are literally millions, if not billions of books that have ever been published, does it now seem arbitrary to pick just one or a handful of favourite titles? Not only that but if you read a lot (which if you're reading this, I assume you do), but you're constantly being introduced to new books, new stories, worlds, characters. So how can you possibly narrow it down? My favourite books change pretty regularly and the list is always expanding. If you have one book that you can consider your favourite then I commend you, because someone asking, 'so what's your favourite book?'  has caused me so much unnecessary stress over the years.
So what do you think? Do you have a favourite book? Do agree with me? Let me know!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment